If you've driven in Hillsborough County lately, you know that our area roads are increasingly busier. That's why drivers and pedestrians have a shared responsibility of keeping themselves and others safe.
Pedestrian Tips to Follow
- Always cross at the crosswalk. Look for the white painted lines at intersections and street corners.
- Before crossing the street, remember to look left, then right, then left again.
- If you're out at night, wear bright colored clothing. You want to make yourself as visible as possible to on coming traffic.
- Be prepared to stop at all marked crosswalks.
- Stay alert for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Wait until pedestrians have crossed at least one lane past your lane before resuming travel.