A respiratory illness that has spread since December 2019. There is little-known about the virus. It has potential to cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people, especially people over age 60 or people with pre-existing conditions.
How Does it Spread?
- Air: by coughing and sneezing
- Touch: by touching a surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes
- Contact: by close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
What Are the Symptoms?
- Difficulty breathing
- Mild to severe illness
How Can I Prevent Getting (COVID-19)?
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing and sneezing.