Senior Human Resource Assistant
- Job Code: W1307
- Pay Grade:WK
- Pay Scale:$18.59-$33.59 Hourly; $38,667.20-$69,867.20 Annually
Perform para-professional human resources support and/or supervisory duties in one or more areas of a human resource (HR) program.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Review, approve, and submit a variety of correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and employees.
- Audit, establish, and maintain human resources files and associated records and systems in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with area’s records management operating policies and procedures.
- Provide a wide range of human resources support activities such as informing others concerning the correct policies, procedures, guidelines, forms, formats, and information to be provided to accomplish HR related activities.
- Oversee and assist submitting areas with changes.
- Process complex transactions related to assigned HR functional area.
- Respond to questions concerning HR programs, interpret basic policies and procedures, and provide information for the resolution of problems.
- Compile and analyze routine HR data such as reports, charts, and spreadsheets to facilitate administrative decision making.
- May supervise clerical or entry level HR support staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and practices.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of administration including County human resources law and rules.
- Working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verify data.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to evaluate applicant's information to determine qualifications.
- Ability to evaluate and complete personnel action requests to determine appropriateness of action and if action will achieve the desired organizational/staffing change.
- Ability to type may be required.
- Ability to supervise others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of human resources support duties equivalent to HR assistant.
- An associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- One year of human resources support duties equivalent to HR assistant.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
- 30 net words per minute on a typing test; or 100 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy on a data entry test.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training