Human Resource Assistant
- Job Code: W1308
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.53-$29.80 Hourly; $34,382.40-$61,984.00 Annually
Performs entry-level human resources support duties in one or more areas of a human resource (HR) program.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Prepare a variety of routine correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and employees.
- Establish and maintain human resources files and associated records and systems in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with agency and/or department records management operating policies and procedures.
- Proofread printouts, reports, and other documents or forms used by an assigned HR functional area in order to identify and eliminate errors.
- Assist other agency and/or department HR staff initiate, process, modify, or correct information related to human resources actions.
- Process routine transactions related to an assigned HR functional area.
- Respond to questions concerning HR transactions and provide information for the resolution of routine problems.
- Enter data into automated systems used by an assigned HR functional area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of human resources program procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verify data.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to evaluate applicant's information to determine qualifications.
- Ability to complete personnel action requests to achieve the desired organizational and/or staffing change. Ability to type may be required.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- One year of human resources related experience.
- An associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- 6 months of human resources related experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
- 30 net words per minute on a typing test; or 100 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy on a data entry test.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training