Human Resource Assistant
- Job Code: W1308
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.29-$29.36 Hourly; $33,883.20-$61,068.80 Annually
Performs entry-level human resources support duties in one or more areas of a human resource (HR) program.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Prepare a variety of routine correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, and related documents in order to communicate information to staff and employees.
- Establish and maintain human resources files and associated records and systems in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with agency and/or department records management operating policies and procedures.
- Proofread printouts, reports, and other documents or forms used by an assigned HR functional area in order to identify and eliminate errors.
- Assist other agency and/or department HR staff initiate, process, modify, or correct information related to human resources actions.
- Process routine transactions related to an assigned HR functional area.
- Respond to questions concerning HR transactions and provide information for the resolution of routine problems.
- Enter data into automated systems used by an assigned HR functional area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of human resources program procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform accurate computations and verify data.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to evaluate applicant's information to determine qualifications.
- Ability to complete personnel action requests to achieve the desired organizational and/or staffing change. Ability to type may be required.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- One year of human resources related experience.
- An associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- 6 months of human resources related experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
- 30 net words per minute on a typing test; or 100 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy on a data entry test.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training