Human Resource Analyst
- Job Code: W1302
- Pay Grade:WM
- Pay Scale:$20.60-$37.28 Hourly; $42,848.00-$77,542.40 Annually
Perform entry-level professional human resources work in one or more major areas of a human resource (HR) management program.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of programs and policies of an assigned HR functional area.
- Deliver training programs related to an assigned HR functional area.
- Assist with the completion of daily operational activities for assigned HR functional area.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed in accordance with assigned HR functional area standards, guidelines, and protocols at county, state, and federal levels.
- Operate as a HR professional assisting with the administration of all aspects of HR programs for an assigned functional area.
- Respond to inquiries and requests related to an assigned HR functional area.
- Maintain records and input data into systems to control and track work and support the analysis and decision making process.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public HR administration.
- Knowledge of HR processes and transactions associated with assigned functional area.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations and agency policies affecting HR management.
- Ability to conduct research, collect, and interpret data and compile statistical reports.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR rules, regulations, and laws.
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and conduct training activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of para-professional level human resource experience.
- An associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- One year of para-professional level human resource experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in HR management (administration), business management, public administration, or social or behavioral science.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training