Communications Center Coordinator
- Job Code: W0153
- Pay Grade:WK
- Pay Scale:$18.32-$33.09 Hourly; $38,105.60-$68,827.20 Annually
Perform shift supervision duties in the operation of a communication center.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Supervise assigned staff by scheduling, assigning, reviewing work, and providing training and counseling.
- Participate in employment selection, evaluation, and termination of assigned staff.
- Monitor emergency alarm consoles to detect breakdowns and notify maintenance personnel as needed.
- Handle telephone and/or radio requests for information or assistance and initiate appropriate action.
- Report telephone and/or radio or console operating problems and submit service requests for corrective action.
- Assist in maintaining a complete telephone directory.
- Assist in preparing revisions or amendments to the Communication Center Post Order and Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Prepare reports and maintain records concerning the operation of the Communication Center and equipment.
- May operate and monitor communications over telephone, radio, and public address systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of computerized communications center systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Working knowledge of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to deal fairly, courteously, and effectively with subordinates, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare and maintain written reports and records.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience operating or supervising the operation of computerized communications center equipment.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training