- Job Code: W2771
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.29-$29.36 Hourly; $33,883.20-$61,068.80 Annually
Perform duties related to the receipt, accountability, and disposition of criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Receive and account for criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
- Receive, store, account, and dispose of criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
- Prepare and hand receipt evidence for use by law enforcement agencies in court proceedings.
- Provide information to public and agencies on impounded property.
- Prepare and maintain criminal evidence and impounded property records and reports.
- Safeguard evidence gathering and case history confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of evidence rules and procedures.
- Working knowledge of county, state, and federal statutes and regulations pertaining to the receipt, accountability, and disposition of criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to maintain evidence records and reports.
- Ability to preserve confidential information.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment, supplies, or evidence.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
- 20 net words per minute on a typing test or 70 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy on a data entry test.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training