- Job Code: W2771
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.53-$29.80 Hourly; $34,382.40-$61,984.00 Annually
Perform duties related to the receipt, accountability, and disposition of criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Receive and account for criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
- Receive, store, account, and dispose of criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
- Prepare and hand receipt evidence for use by law enforcement agencies in court proceedings.
- Provide information to public and agencies on impounded property.
- Prepare and maintain criminal evidence and impounded property records and reports.
- Safeguard evidence gathering and case history confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of evidence rules and procedures.
- Working knowledge of county, state, and federal statutes and regulations pertaining to the receipt, accountability, and disposition of criminal evidence and impounded, lost, and abandoned property.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to maintain evidence records and reports.
- Ability to preserve confidential information.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment, supplies, or evidence.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
- 20 net words per minute on a typing test or 70 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy on a data entry test.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training