- Job Code: W4556
- Pay Grade:WO
- Pay Scale:$23.65-$42.87 Hourly; $49,192.00-$89,169.60 Annually
Perform supervisory and technical duties planning and directing the maintenance and repair of internal and external structures and facilities or operate, maintain, and repair mechanical and electronic equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Supervise the activities of employees and contractors engaged in building maintenance, repair, installation, and inspection of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration systems, mechanical equipment, specialized equipment, pavements, outside structures, and/or major electronic systems.
- Establish preventive maintenance programs, procedures, and schedules; supervise an equipment safety inspection program; and make periodic inspections to ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Review contract bids and inspect work performed by contractors to ensure conformance to specifications and contract integrity, report inadequacies to management, and ensure correction of contract performance.
- Request and maintain replacement parts and materials in central stock to allow timely completion of assignments.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment acquisition.
- Train personnel in safety procedures and operating standards.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to assigned staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of the following: buildings and other physical structures, mechanical equipment and systems, vehicular and stationary equipment, or electronic systems.
- Considerable knowledge of codes, rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to area(s) of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety regulations, standards, and equipment.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to locate, analyze, and diagnose structural deficiency or equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, and others.
- Ability to identify trends in malfunctions and take appropriate actions to improve system reliability and safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Three years of experience as the supervisor of either a construction work crew or in the area of facility maintenance and repair.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training