- Job Code: W4556
- Pay Grade:WO
- Pay Scale:$23.30-$42.23 Hourly; $48,464.00-$87,838.40 Annually
Perform supervisory and technical duties planning and directing the maintenance and repair of internal and external structures and facilities or operate, maintain, and repair mechanical and electronic equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Supervise the activities of employees and contractors engaged in building maintenance, repair, installation, and inspection of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration systems, mechanical equipment, specialized equipment, pavements, outside structures, and/or major electronic systems.
- Establish preventive maintenance programs, procedures, and schedules; supervise an equipment safety inspection program; and make periodic inspections to ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Review contract bids and inspect work performed by contractors to ensure conformance to specifications and contract integrity, report inadequacies to management, and ensure correction of contract performance.
- Request and maintain replacement parts and materials in central stock to allow timely completion of assignments.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment acquisition.
- Train personnel in safety procedures and operating standards.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to assigned staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of the following: buildings and other physical structures, mechanical equipment and systems, vehicular and stationary equipment, or electronic systems.
- Considerable knowledge of codes, rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to area(s) of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety regulations, standards, and equipment.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to locate, analyze, and diagnose structural deficiency or equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, and others.
- Ability to identify trends in malfunctions and take appropriate actions to improve system reliability and safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Three years of experience as the supervisor of either a construction work crew or in the area of facility maintenance and repair.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training