- Job Code: W4114
- Pay Grade:WB
- Pay Scale:$11.12-$19.81 Hourly; $23,129.60-$41,204.80 Annually
Perform Sheriff’s Office custodial duties at various buildings and facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and replace supplies.
- Empty garbage cans, wastebaskets, and recyclable materials.
- Disinfect and clean surfaces of commonly used areas (e.g., classrooms, break rooms).
- Vacuum carpeted areas, and sweep/mop tiled and laminate floor areas.
- Sweep, clean, and remove debris of sidewalks connected to buildings and facilities.
- Report damages and requirements for major repairs, adjustments, or replacements of facilities, grounds and cleaning equipment.
- Facilitate inventory, ordering, and replenishing of paper products, cleaning supplies, and related equipment.
- Open and secure facilities, common areas, and grounds as directed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies, products, and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety procedures in use of cleaning supplies, products, and equipment.
- Skill in managing one’s time and working on multiple tasks.
- Ability to properly mix cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers based upon the manufacturer recommendations and instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move supplies and equipment.
- Ability to stand and walk for an 8-hour day.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Completion of 10th grade.
- One year of custodial/janitorial experience.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training