- Job Code: W2739
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.53-$29.80 Hourly; $34,382.40-$61,984.00 Annually
Perform duties in the field serving subpoenas and court orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Receive and serve civil process such as subpoenas and court orders.
- Perform investigations to locate persons who have moved, are hostile, or otherwise attempting to avoid being served with court process.
- Prepare reports of services and make returns to courts of origin.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the service of subpoenas, non-enforceable court orders, and notices.
- Some knowledge of court practices and procedures applicable to court process.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to pursue an evasive subject on foot, up or down stairs, over minor obstacles, or through rough terrain.
- Ability to recognize evasive subjects by photograph or personal descriptions.
- Ability to operate mobile voice and digital communications equipment.
- Ability to follow maps and street guides.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Ability to read and comprehend job related materials.
- Willingness to interact with uncooperative or hostile members of the public.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- One year of public contact work experience.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training