- Job Code: W2739
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.29-$29.36 Hourly; $33,883.20-$61,068.80 Annually
Perform duties in the field serving subpoenas and court orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Receive and serve civil process such as subpoenas and court orders.
- Perform investigations to locate persons who have moved, are hostile, or otherwise attempting to avoid being served with court process.
- Prepare reports of services and make returns to courts of origin.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the service of subpoenas, non-enforceable court orders, and notices.
- Some knowledge of court practices and procedures applicable to court process.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to pursue an evasive subject on foot, up or down stairs, over minor obstacles, or through rough terrain.
- Ability to recognize evasive subjects by photograph or personal descriptions.
- Ability to operate mobile voice and digital communications equipment.
- Ability to follow maps and street guides.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Ability to read and comprehend job related materials.
- Willingness to interact with uncooperative or hostile members of the public.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- One year of public contact work experience.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training