Senior Systems Analyst
- Job Code: W0503
- Pay Grade:WU
- Pay Scale:$33.60-$61.20 Hourly; $69,888.00-$127,296.00 Annually
Analyze, design, develop, test, implement, and manage cross-functional automated information systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Analyze, design, implement, operate, and maintain automated information systems such as networks, communication systems, integrated databases, and geographical information systems as required by project.
- Conduct studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Discuss report requirements and data availability with users, discuss system impact with appropriate functional areas, advise users on the feasibility of converting to automated systems, and assist in formulating objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive preliminary studies and feasibility studies of proposed computer applications including performing cost-benefit analysis.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of assigned personnel involved in specific projects.
- Test and revise systems prior to implementation.
- Provide training to computer personnel and users.
- Maintain expertise in mainframe, mini, and personal computer related software and hardware.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and techniques of computer systems including systems analysis, design, long-term planning, programming, and computer equipment characteristics.
- Some knowledge of computer programming languages.
- Skill in making presentations.
- Ability to analyze systems and to plan computer applications.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to train users in computer concepts and applications and to provide technical assistance to computer staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Eight years of experience in systems analysis.
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in a data processing field.
- Seven years of experience in systems analysis.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in a data processing field.
- Five years of experience in systems analysis.
- A master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a data processing field.
- Four years of experience in systems analysis.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training