Senior Systems Analyst
- Job Code: W0503
- Pay Grade:WU
- Pay Scale:$34.10-$62.12 Hourly; $70,928.00-$129,209.60 Annually
Analyze, design, develop, test, implement, and manage cross-functional automated information systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Analyze, design, implement, operate, and maintain automated information systems such as networks, communication systems, integrated databases, and geographical information systems as required by project.
- Conduct studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Discuss report requirements and data availability with users, discuss system impact with appropriate functional areas, advise users on the feasibility of converting to automated systems, and assist in formulating objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive preliminary studies and feasibility studies of proposed computer applications including performing cost-benefit analysis.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of assigned personnel involved in specific projects.
- Test and revise systems prior to implementation.
- Provide training to computer personnel and users.
- Maintain expertise in mainframe, mini, and personal computer related software and hardware.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and techniques of computer systems including systems analysis, design, long-term planning, programming, and computer equipment characteristics.
- Some knowledge of computer programming languages.
- Skill in making presentations.
- Ability to analyze systems and to plan computer applications.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to train users in computer concepts and applications and to provide technical assistance to computer staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Eight years of experience in systems analysis.
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in a data processing field.
- Seven years of experience in systems analysis.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in a data processing field.
- Five years of experience in systems analysis.
- A master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a data processing field.
- Four years of experience in systems analysis.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training