- Job Code: W0118
- Pay Grade:WK
- Pay Scale:$18.32-$33.09 Hourly; $38,105.60-$68,827.20 Annually
Supervise a team of at least three employees with responsibility for monitoring work processes and ensuring quality and quantity goals are met. Perform the duties of the function and do first line supervisory field work.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Determine priorities, schedule, and assign work as required.
- Implement management decisions through the work of assigned staff.
- Solve problems within the team related to work assignments.
- Provide hands-on advice and assistance on work processes, best practices, and subject matter expertise to assigned staff.
- Assist in the review and development of routine procedures to ensure timely and accurate accomplishment of established operational goals.
- Supervise and train assigned staff, evaluate performance, and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Assess staffing needs and assist in the recruitment of staff.
- Maintain required documentation and complete reports.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Participate in performing the actual work of the unit and substitute for assigned staff as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the functions, services, procedures, and regulations of the assigned area.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to interpret and explain laws, statutes, regulations, and other directives.
- Ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work of the team.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Four years of experience directly related to the position duties.
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Three years of experience directly related to the position duties.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- One year of experience directly related to the position duties.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training