Senior Facilities Technician
- Job Code: W5036
- Pay Grade:WN
- Pay Scale:$22.20-$40.23 Hourly; $46,176.00-$83,678.40 Annually
Perform highly skilled technical and administrative duties in the operation and maintenance of stationary engines, turbines, air compressors, generators, motors, boilers, and auxiliaries; and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment to supply utilities for buildings. Also perform duties relating to building maintenance and renovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Operate, maintain, and repair high pressure steam boilers, HVAC systems, emergency power generators, building security and safety equipment, laundry, kitchen, and other mechanical and electrical stationary equipment and auxiliary components.
- Monitor inventory of parts and materials and reorder as necessary.
- Implement and follow up on preventive maintenance programs.
- Review work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, and equipment operating logs.
- Keep records and logs of operating conditions and pertinent information concerning the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Supervise the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work providing training, counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Establish policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure operational efficiency and effective administration of assigned personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of budget documents, monitor status of allocated funds, and control expenses.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the use and operation of high pressure steam operated equipment, HVAC systems, emergency power generators, and similar mechanical and electrical equipment and their auxiliaries.
- Considerable knowledge of materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of stationary mechanical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in the renovation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and other physical structures.
- Working knowledge of the budget preparation process.
- Skill in the use of mechanical and electrical testing and diagnostic equipment, shop, and hand tools.
- Ability to detect, analyze, diagnose, and correct malfunctions in stationary mechanical equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Five years of experience in the operation and maintenance of stationary engines, turbines, air compressors, generators, motors, boilers and/or heating, ventilating, or air conditioning equipment including two years in two or more of the building trades such as carpentry, masonry, electrical and plumbing installation, and/or repair.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training