Senior Facilities Technician
- Job Code: W5036
- Pay Grade:WN
- Pay Scale:$21.87-$39.64 Hourly; $45,489.60-$82,451.20 Annually
Perform highly skilled technical and administrative duties in the operation and maintenance of stationary engines, turbines, air compressors, generators, motors, boilers, and auxiliaries; and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment to supply utilities for buildings. Also perform duties relating to building maintenance and renovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Operate, maintain, and repair high pressure steam boilers, HVAC systems, emergency power generators, building security and safety equipment, laundry, kitchen, and other mechanical and electrical stationary equipment and auxiliary components.
- Monitor inventory of parts and materials and reorder as necessary.
- Implement and follow up on preventive maintenance programs.
- Review work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, and equipment operating logs.
- Keep records and logs of operating conditions and pertinent information concerning the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Supervise the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work providing training, counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Establish policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure operational efficiency and effective administration of assigned personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of budget documents, monitor status of allocated funds, and control expenses.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the use and operation of high pressure steam operated equipment, HVAC systems, emergency power generators, and similar mechanical and electrical equipment and their auxiliaries.
- Considerable knowledge of materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of stationary mechanical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in the renovation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and other physical structures.
- Working knowledge of the budget preparation process.
- Skill in the use of mechanical and electrical testing and diagnostic equipment, shop, and hand tools.
- Ability to detect, analyze, diagnose, and correct malfunctions in stationary mechanical equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Five years of experience in the operation and maintenance of stationary engines, turbines, air compressors, generators, motors, boilers and/or heating, ventilating, or air conditioning equipment including two years in two or more of the building trades such as carpentry, masonry, electrical and plumbing installation, and/or repair.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training