- Job Code: W0724
- Pay Grade:WG
- Pay Scale:$14.61-$26.22 Hourly; $30,388.80-$54,537.60 Annually
Perform oversight and storekeeping duties involving the receipt, recording, storage, inventory control, and issuance of equipment and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Receive, store, inventory, and issue materials and supplies.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Maintain an inventory of parts and equipment on hand.
- Record issuance of materials and supplies.
- Answer telephone and perform general clerical duties.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs.
- Maintain records and prepare related reports.
- Inspect all deliveries and ensure the return of defective or incorrect items.
- Inspect and dispose of depreciated and obsolete stock according to Hillsborough County standards.
- Perform minor maintenance or repair of storeroom material.
- Oversee the work of lower level employees in the performance of the stock room day-to-day operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of County purchasing procedures.
- Skill in performing minor repairs to equipment or materials.
- Ability to conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform tasks such as maintenance of records and preparation of reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment or supplies.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training