- Job Code: W0724
- Pay Grade:WG
- Pay Scale:$14.83-$26.61 Hourly; $30,846.40-$55,348.80 Annually
Perform oversight and storekeeping duties involving the receipt, recording, storage, inventory control, and issuance of equipment and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Receive, store, inventory, and issue materials and supplies.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Maintain an inventory of parts and equipment on hand.
- Record issuance of materials and supplies.
- Answer telephone and perform general clerical duties.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs.
- Maintain records and prepare related reports.
- Inspect all deliveries and ensure the return of defective or incorrect items.
- Inspect and dispose of depreciated and obsolete stock according to Hillsborough County standards.
- Perform minor maintenance or repair of storeroom material.
- Oversee the work of lower level employees in the performance of the stock room day-to-day operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of County purchasing procedures.
- Skill in performing minor repairs to equipment or materials.
- Ability to conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform tasks such as maintenance of records and preparation of reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment or supplies.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training