- Job Code: W1360
- Pay Grade:WM
- Pay Scale:$20.60-$37.28 Hourly; $42,848.00-$77,542.40 Annually
Perform administrative and paraprofessional work organizing the administrative and logistical aspects of program(s). Develop and establish work processes and procedures to deliver program services, evaluate effectiveness of program services and efficiency of processes, and implement prescribed program guidelines and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Develop, organize, establish, and evaluate work processes to ensure delivery of program services and to fulfill program objectives; review existing policies, procedures, and directives and recommend changes where necessary.
- Interpret/explain policies, processes, applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines specific to a program to resolve problems; answer program questions; and provide information and advice to current and potential program participants.
- Coordinate action where several organizational entities are involved and follow up to ensure that all details and requirements are met.
- Review program operations for compliance, identify program strengths and weaknesses and areas of non-compliance, recommend corrective action, and instruct individuals and groups on proper methods and procedures for compliance with program regulations.
- Write or revise procedural and training manuals and summary reports.
- Conduct orientation, training demonstrations, and presentations for individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Assist in the development of the program budget and monitor expenditures and process pre-approved expenditures.
- Resolve problems encountered during daily operations and determine appropriate solutions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the functions, activities, requirements, and objectives of the specific program/functional area to which assigned.
- Knowledge of organizational and program promotional methods and procedures relating to administrative support.
- Knowledge of budget management practices and procedures.
- Ability to monitor, oversee, and provide guidance to clients and other employees.
- Ability to maintain files and records and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Ability to organize and to multi-task.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Five years of experience in a law enforcement agency.
- An associate's degree from an institution of higher education with a major in biology, chemistry, criminal justice, crime scene technology, forensic science, or related field.
- Two years of experience with a law enforcement agency.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training