Claims Service Representative I
- Job Code: W1343
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.29-$29.36 Hourly; $33,883.20-$61,068.80 Annually
Review and processing of automobile, liability, short term and long term disability, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and/or Workers' Compensation claims. Must obtain the State of Florida Independent All Lines Adjuster License (6-20) within one year of hire.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Review automobile, liability, disability (e.g., short term, long term, FMLA), and/or Workers’ Compensation claims for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain information on county, state, and federal FMLA and/or Workers’ Compensation rules and regulations.
- Assist in the gathering of information and coordination of automobile, liability, short term and long term disability, FMLA, and/or Workers’ Compensation and employee termination processing actions with applicable parties (e.g. claimants, attorneys, insurance company representatives, health care providers, repair shop representatives, etc.).
- Advise agencies and department personnel in the preparation of state forms and payroll reporting.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Some knowledge of automobile, disability, FMLA, and/or Workers’ Compensation claims processing rules and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to prepare and maintain work related records and reports.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Possession of a State of Florida Independent All Lines Adjuster License (6-20) within the probationary period.
- One year of experience in liability, disability, or Workers' Compensation claims service work.
Required Pre-Employment Testing
- A passing score on pre-employment testing.
- 30 net words per minute on a typing test; or 100 gross keystrokes per minute with 90% accuracy on a data entry test.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training