- Job Code: W0726
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.29-$29.36 Hourly; $33,883.20-$61,068.80 Annually
Supervise the activities of a centralized storeroom or warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Supervise all activities of a storeroom or warehouse to include storage, control, and issuance of materials and equipment.
- Assist in the development of storeroom or warehouse policies, practices, and procedures.
- Record and maintain pertinent data as to nomenclature, supply, and inventory of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Institute proper security controls to safeguard the facility against burglary, theft, and pilferage.
- Maintain records and files.
- Assign, review, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of storekeeping and warehousing methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Hillsborough County purchasing procedures.
- Working knowledge of nomenclature, descriptions, and source of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Ability to oversee the operations of a store or warehouse.
- Ability to conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Four years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment or supplies.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training