- Job Code: W0726
- Pay Grade:WI
- Pay Scale:$16.53-$29.80 Hourly; $34,382.40-$61,984.00 Annually
Supervise the activities of a centralized storeroom or warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Supervise all activities of a storeroom or warehouse to include storage, control, and issuance of materials and equipment.
- Assist in the development of storeroom or warehouse policies, practices, and procedures.
- Record and maintain pertinent data as to nomenclature, supply, and inventory of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Institute proper security controls to safeguard the facility against burglary, theft, and pilferage.
- Maintain records and files.
- Assign, review, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of storekeeping and warehousing methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Hillsborough County purchasing procedures.
- Working knowledge of nomenclature, descriptions, and source of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Ability to oversee the operations of a store or warehouse.
- Ability to conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Four years of experience in receiving and issuing equipment or supplies.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training