- Job Code: W0710
- Pay Grade:WM
- Pay Scale:$20.91-$37.84 Hourly; $43,492.80-$78,707.20 Annually
Perform purchasing and administrative duties related to the procurement of supplies, commodities, and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Purchase supplies, materials, services, equipment, vehicles, and parts by telephone, sealed bid, and contract to satisfy the needs of the operational unit.
- Review purchase requisitions for item descriptions, quantities, adequacy of specifications, and estimate of costs for accuracy and conformance with agency policies.
- Review and prepare procurement specifications for the procurement of equipment, services, and commodities within assigned area.
- Confer with requesting agency personnel regarding the adequacy of specifications for commodities, services, or equipment to be purchased to ensure agency needs are met.
- Receive and inspect delivered items to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and update qualified bidder lists by adding and deleting vendors as necessary.
- Participate in the tabulation and analysis of bids to determine the lowest and best bidder and issue purchase orders in compliance with agency policies.
- Respond to inquiries regarding procurement and related activities.
- Maintain records and files for requisitioned items, bid analyses, purchase orders, equipment specifications, technical reference information, and vendor catalogues to ensure that the information is current and accurate.
- Prepare required reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of procurement practices such as vendor and source identification, pricing methods, bid preparation, contracts, and pricing agreements.
- Working knowledge of County procurement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the operation of computers to maintain files and generate reports.
- Ability to prepare and/or review bid documents and responses for compliance with policies, procedures, conditions, and regulations.
- Ability to prepare purchase orders, contracts, and similar documents.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience as a purchasing agent or buyer.
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- One year of experience as a purchasing agent or buyer.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in any business field or public administration.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face, head, and neck. Tattoos determined to take away from the professional appearance of the Sheriff's Office must be covered with an appropriate white, black, or neutral covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training