- Job Code: W0710
- Pay Grade:WM
- Pay Scale:$20.60-$37.28 Hourly; $42,848.00-$77,542.40 Annually
Perform purchasing and administrative duties related to the procurement of supplies, commodities, and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Purchase supplies, materials, services, equipment, vehicles, and parts by telephone, sealed bid, and contract to satisfy the needs of the operational unit.
- Review purchase requisitions for item descriptions, quantities, adequacy of specifications, and estimate of costs for accuracy and conformance with agency policies.
- Review and prepare procurement specifications for the procurement of equipment, services, and commodities within assigned area.
- Confer with requesting agency personnel regarding the adequacy of specifications for commodities, services, or equipment to be purchased to ensure agency needs are met.
- Receive and inspect delivered items to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and update qualified bidder lists by adding and deleting vendors as necessary.
- Participate in the tabulation and analysis of bids to determine the lowest and best bidder and issue purchase orders in compliance with agency policies.
- Respond to inquiries regarding procurement and related activities.
- Maintain records and files for requisitioned items, bid analyses, purchase orders, equipment specifications, technical reference information, and vendor catalogues to ensure that the information is current and accurate.
- Prepare required reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of procurement practices such as vendor and source identification, pricing methods, bid preparation, contracts, and pricing agreements.
- Working knowledge of County procurement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the operation of computers to maintain files and generate reports.
- Ability to prepare and/or review bid documents and responses for compliance with policies, procedures, conditions, and regulations.
- Ability to prepare purchase orders, contracts, and similar documents.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Two years of experience as a purchasing agent or buyer.
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- One year of experience as a purchasing agent or buyer.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a major in any business field or public administration.
Additional Job Requirements
- Attendance at the specified Sheriff's Office work location is required.
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 12 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including criminal, reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; polygraph; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training